The Gold Standard
Our activities coordinator takes several sessions a week in the home. Residents can participate in a wide range of exercises to engage their body and mind. We believe mental stimulation plays an important role in maintaining the well-being of residents.
The Royal undertake group activities and one-to-ones with the residents as suits the individuals needs.
MAIN LOUNGE/GROUP ACTIVITIES
• Arts & Crafts - General & Special occasions such as Valentine/Easter/Halloween
• Bingo afternoons , followed by Cheese, Crackers, Grapes & Wine
• Light Exercise, with Ball, Beanbags, Musical Instruments
• We have outside Entertainment, brought in-house such as...
• Tony Spark, who sings a variety of songs, and does sing-a-longs with the residents.
• Theatrical/Musical Productions
• Furry animals for petting & interaction.
• Seasonal Shows - Summer & Christmas Fetes, Christmas Fair, Christmas Carols.
ONE TO ONE
• Hand Massage
• Basic Manicure – Nail polish
• Gentle Music – if Resident likes music
• Puzzles of various types
• Arts & Crafts
• Read Poems, excerpts from Books, Newspaper Articles,
• Go through Pictures & Books of particular things that are of particular interest to Residents
• And have conversations regarding the same topics.
• Light one on one games, with small balls/bean bags to help with hand/eye co-ordination & some movement.
It is all about teamwork and fun, be it a group activity or one-to-one.
Contact Us now with any questions you have for your future intentions and planning, we are here to help you.
© The Royal Leamington Spa Nursing Home, Established 1978.